Re: CREATE TABLE AS WITH NO DATA

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE TABLE AS WITH NO DATA
Date: 2008-10-28 00:52:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> I'd like us to be trying to get rid of the special cases in base_yylex
> not add more. (It strikes me that now that WITH is fully reserved,
> we might not need some of the ones that are there anymore.)

In fact, it looks like what we should do is heed the existing comment
in parser.c: remove the existing WITH_foo combined tokens and invent
WITH_TIME instead. Then, no additional combined tokens are needed to
handle WITH [NO] DATA. So I propose the attached form of the patch
instead (docs omitted).

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 9.9 KB