Re: SQL and function reference?

From: "Rodolfo J(dot) Paiz" <rpaiz(at)simpaticus(dot)com>
To: Alexander Borkowski <alexander(dot)borkowski(at)abri(dot)une(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL and function reference?
Date: 2005-01-25 16:07:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 13:27 +1100, Alexander Borkowski wrote:
> On any recent PostgreSQL (8.0.0 or 7.4.6) have a look at parts II 'The
> SQL Language' and VI 'Reference', especially the 'SQL Commands' chapter
> of the manual (locally installed somewhere in your
> /usr/share/doc/postgresql* (just a guess looking at one of your other
> messages) or the online manual).

I thought the stuff in /usr/share/postgresql... *was* the online manual.
In any event, thanks a lot for the reference. I've only been attempting
to use PostgreSQL for about a week, and have made extensive use of this
manual; but I had not yet found those sections.

Thanks to the several pointers on this thread, I'm doing better now.
After a good 15 minutes of searching, I'm still looking for a way to use
age() to get how many *days* ago something happened, expressed as an
integer rather than an interval. However, I'm definitely doing better
than I was yesterday!

FYI, I'm using PostgreSQL 7.4.6 on Fedora Core 3. :-)

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz(at)simpaticus(dot)com>