Re: Next meeting

From: Philip Rhoades <phil(at)chu(dot)com(dot)au>
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next meeting
Date: 2004-09-28 04:57:19
Lists: sydpug

Gavin,

Sounds good.

If no-one else is interested I could do quick summary of how our
insurance company got into Linux (early) and PG a bit later.

BTW - who paid for all the food last time?

Regards,

Phil.

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 21:58, Gavin Sherry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose that we move the meeting to the first Tuesday of each month. We
> will continue to hold it at the same venue, unless there are objections.
>
> This would make the first meeting Tuesday the 5th.
>
> To start off with, I will begin a series of tutorials on the new features
> in 8.0. This will focus on tablespaces.
>
> This will be followed by Claudio talking about his win32 port, demoing it
> etc (that's a heads up, Claudio).
>
> I'd love to hear from anyone who could do a 10 - 15 minute overview of how
> their company/project is using PostgreSQL, tips and tricks, etc.
>
> Also, does anyone think there should be anything else on the agenda?
>
> Gavin

Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited (ACN 003 252 275 ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
Mobile: +61:0411-185-652