Re: Web application: Programming language/Framework

From: Robby Russell <robby(at)planetargon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Web application: Programming language/Framework
Date: 2004-08-14 19:43:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 12:37, Robby Russell wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 12:18, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > >That's why PHP 5 exists. :-)
> > >

> > When it proves stable ;). Although it still does have some issues with
> > Apache 2. Which is a shame.
>
> But your OO problems exist in a *stable* 4.x? I'm running with Apache 2
> and haven't come across any issues yet. (perhaps i haven't tapped into
> those bad libs yet). The benefits of the new OO functionality is
> definitely a huge improvement and that makes it more *stable* than 4.x
> in my opinion.
>
> > To be fair, it isn't really PHP that has the problems but some of the
> > libraries it uses are thread safe.
>
> From what I recall these same issues existed in 4.x as well, so 5
> shouldn't make much of a difference.
>
> -Robby

Also, prefork exists for this problem as well:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/prefork.html

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR | robby(at)planetargon(dot)com
* 503.351.4730 | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development