Re: 7.5 beta?

From: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: "David Parker" <dparker(at)tazznetworks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.5 beta?
Date: 2004-07-26 20:24:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 11:42, David Parker wrote:
> Hi. I understand from lurking on Hackers that 7.5 is nearing beta. What
> is the typical timeframe for a postgres beta? It's understood, of
> course, that beta might take longer depending on problems that show up,
> but I'm wondering if there is an average.
>
> It's my understanding that the contrib/pg_autovacuum functionality has
> been absorbed into the kernel for 7.5? I'm trying to decide if I should
> do the work to get pg_autovacuum integrated with our system install, or
> just wait for 7.5....

There's a ton of features going into the next release. I'm guessing it
will take a while to finish beta. By the end of the year seems a
reasonable guess.

And, as always, the quicker users download either the snapshots now, or
the betas then and test them and report the errors, the quicker the beta
will go too.