Re: What now?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Cc: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: What now?
Date: 2004-06-18 19:10:51
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 12:18, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Alexey Borzov wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> >> OK, I believe Gavin was working on that - it that still the case?
> >

> > BTW, I think we should do some kind of design specification. The
> > current mode, where Gavin does a mockup and *then* everyone criticizes
> > it / suggests ideas does not seem too good to me.
>
> I agree ;-)
>
> The current design suggestion is at
> http://ehpg.net/~gavinr/pgsql/template2.html ... has it grown on anyone
> or should I ditch it and start thinking of new directions?

Personally I've never cared for it as it seems to violate a number of
usability guidelines... the watermarked logo hurts readability, the
links use the same color for visited and non-visted links, the heading
that labels the search area is redundant, no description in the title
bar, no summary of what the organization is about.... can you tell I
used to do website usability for a living?

I also think the color scheme is a bit drab, but given the slonik logo
you don't have much to work with... did you see those shirts the
brazillian guys made up? those were nice.

Robert Treat