Re: What now?

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: What now?
Date: 2004-06-18 21:41:46
Lists: pgsql-www

Respectfully, its a design direction, not a completed, ready to go
design. The only comment that I see that has any direct indication of
what you thought about the direction and concept is you don't like the
watermark. Anchor colors, etc are very adjustable, and design wise I
feel this site makes much more of a profession impact than the current
site, apologies to the designer of said site.

The great thing about this part of the process is if there is a common
consensus that the direction is sound, the html template can be tweaked
to a great degree while keeping some sort of comonality with the design
concept. If the design concept is off, then lets focus on something new.

My question is how do we come up with a design concept that everyone can
agree to move forward with, with so many experts and opinions, which all
frankly differ from each other. Let's establish a way to vote on
designs as initial directions, so that we don't waste everyones time
with designing, reviewing, and changing things that will never see the
light of day.

Gavin