Re: Static mirror generation

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Static mirror generation
Date: 2004-06-18 18:56:49
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi!

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> I suspect this is because of the limited resources allocated to the
>> dev server. Marc may know better.
>
> If its the same server, and teh current build takes minutes ... how
> could limited resources make the difference? its the same resources
> whether using teh current build, or the spider ... :)

I am confused here. You mean that www.postgresql.org and
alexey.beta.postgresql.org are in the same machine?

> What I'm suspecting is that part of it is 'local machine' vs 'network
> lag' though ...

I suspect that has to do with the server load... I tried doing the same mirror
feat now and it completed in less than a minute.

ab -n 1000 -c 10 http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org
gave me 10 requests per second, which is small for my tastes, but reasonable.
While yesterday / earlier today I saw ridiculous ~1 second page generation times.