This leaves a bad taste in my mouth

From: Jeff Self <jself(at)nngov(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: This leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Date: 2004-04-28 12:44:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Just read an article on how Weather.com has been successful in using
Apache, Linux, and Tomcat to run its website. Now they are looking to
replace Oracle with MySQL. Hello? Being a former employee of Great
Bridge, I think this is a slap in the face at PostgreSQL. Both Great
Bridge and Weather.com were/are companies owned by Landmark
Communications. Maybe some of the core developers need to try and show
the benefits of PostgreSQL to Weather.com.

By the way, the article is at
http://www.computerworld.com/industrytopics/travel/story/0,10801,92583,00.html
--
Jeff Self