Returning number of rows - Copy In function

From: mike g <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Returning number of rows - Copy In function
Date: 2004-03-26 04:20:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I was looking at putting the code for this in copy.c
CopyReadLineFunction.

If I do a printf at point A it compiles, installs, runs, doesn't display
any data after running initdb and returns a result when a COPY FROM is
executed in psql.

If I do a printf at point B it compiles, installs, and then crashes when
executing initdb.

139
initdb: failed

Thoughts on why A is ok but B is not?

I don't really want to send any results to the screen if it is called
when first creating a database. I have looked for something like
CMD_SELECT to identify when Initdb is executed.

Is their an existing variable I can check that I have not found?

Attachment Content-Type Size
copy.patch text/x-patch 2.0 KB