Re: postgres 8.2.6 core dump when initialising.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Darren Reed <darrenr+postgres(at)fastmail(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres 8.2.6 core dump when initialising.
Date: 2008-04-14 13:32:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Darren Reed <darrenr+postgres(at)fastmail(dot)net> writes:
> #0 0x0829845c in RelationCacheInitializePhase2 () at relcache.c:2400
> 2400 LOAD_CRIT_INDEX(TriggerRelidNameIndexId);
> (gdb) where
> #0 0x0829845c in RelationCacheInitializePhase2 () at relcache.c:2400

This appears to be the exact same problem you reported back in February:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2008-02/msg00370.php

I'm thinking there must be something about what you are doing that
is triggering this issue. Care to give us a full data dump on your
maintenance habits?

It might be useful if we could look at a pg_filedump dump of your
pg_class table, too.
http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/