Re: Trigger updates MS SQL table

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Home (E-mail)" <don(at)sceifers(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger updates MS SQL table
Date: 2003-09-15 19:56:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

IIRC some folks on -hackers are working on cross database queries to
interface with oracle databases, theres a chance that could work for sql
server too. Someone else on -hackers was looking at an internal soap/xml
communications method to do similar things to what your describing. You
might want to check the archives on both ideas.

The other option, and probably more doable, is to write a function in
one of the untrusted languages to communicate with your xml service via
sockets.

Robert Treat