Trigger updates MS SQL table

From: "Home (E-mail)" <don(at)sceifers(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trigger updates MS SQL table
Date: 2003-09-10 19:29:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Is it too presumptious that there should be a direction I can go to solve my
problem.

Right now, I have a postgres environment that our business is run on and SQL
Server 2000 databases that our customer ASP solutions run in. Both serve
their purposes well. So, I need both. What I was hoping, was to get a form
of replication going between the two. In a perfect world, my trigger would
just create an ODBC connection to the MS Sql server and run the
update/insert query. I know that cannot exactly happen, it just doesn't work
that way.

But can I create a trigger that allows me to connect to a SOAP/XML service
and deliver the update via a stored procedure call? Is this too much to hope
for, or are people doing this already?

Thanks
Don Sceifers