Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi

From: Network Administrator <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb(at)eskimo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi
Date: 2003-09-12 14:27:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoting Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:

> Network Administrator <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com> writes:
> > Quoting Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:
> >> Commonly this means that you open a "handle" or "cursor" referring to
> >> one particular blob and then read or write it through that handle.
>
> > I understand the value of handles but aren't cursors used to break up
> > the large result sets from queries?
>
> I was using them to mean the same thing, ie, an I/O handle (or open blob
> descriptor if you like). You could consider this to be analogous to an
> SQL cursor --- a cursor is like a handle for a query result.

Ok, now its crystal

> Sorry if
> I confused you rather than enlightened you.
>
> regards, tom lane

Nothing to be sorry about, I appreciate everyones help, input, suggestions, etc
(especially since, I wasn't even the one who started this thread). Pg is a
great product and I've become more active in promoting & recomending it so I
just want to make sure I know what the heck I'm talking about.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: