Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Shouldn't CREATE TABLE LIKE copy the relhasoids property?
Date: 2015-04-25 22:15:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> No, I just misread your email. I thought you said you had attached
> the patch; rereading it, I see that you said you had applied the
> patch. Silly me.

The real problem with this patch is it's wrong. Specifically, it broke
the other case I mentioned in my original email:

regression=# create table src2 (f1 int, primary key(oid)) with oids;
ERROR: column "oid" named in key does not exist
LINE 1: create table src2 (f1 int, primary key(oid)) with oids;
^

That works in 9.4, and was still working in HEAD as of my original email.
I think the patch's logic for attaching made-up OIDS options is actually
backwards (it's adding TRUE where it should add FALSE and vice versa),
but in any case I do not like the dependence on default_with_oids that
was introduced by the patch. I am not sure there's any guarantee that
default_with_oids can't change between parsing and execution of a CREATE
TABLE command.

Apparently we need a few more regression tests in this area. In the
meantime I suggest reverting and rethinking the patch.