Japanese Character Support

From: Tom Haddon <tom(at)betterhealthfoundation(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Japanese Character Support
Date: 2003-06-27 17:55:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Folks,

I'd like to be able to support both Japanese and English character sets
in the same database if possible. First off, is this possible, or are
there some restrictions (such as specific tables need to have specific
character sets only).

I think this is a case of Multi-Byte Support. If this is the case, how
do I determine if my web-host's database was compiled with support for
that, and if it wasn't is there any way around it, besides reinstalling
the database?

Thanks, Tom
--
Tom Haddon