Re: Tech Docs and Consultants

From: Ryan Mahoney <ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Date: 2003-04-15 19:41:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> Okay, I see your point and Justin's.
>
> My attitude comes from thinking that anyone who uses PostgreSQL is
> going to do so as part of a development project. If that were true, I
> think that my statement would follow, since I believe that anyone who
> develops well does so using version control. But maybe it's not true
> that all PostgreSQL users are developers. A mail merge is a good
> example of something you can do with PostgreSQL without being a
> developer.

- *many* developers don't use CVS, especially those they are on Windows

- CVS is not the only version control system around...

- postgres should be appealing additionally to people who aren't yet
excellent software developers. It is a great learning environment for
beginners in software development

-r

--
Ryan Mahoney <ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net>