Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command

From: Dave Cramer <dave(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command
Date: 2003-02-19 20:18:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Patrick,

No, they support the syntax:

update table set (col1, col2, col3) = ( val1, val2, val3 )

I have a customer with a rather large application which uses this
syntax, because they were using informix. There is also a rather
interesting 4GL project called aubit which is on sourceforge. They would
also like to see this supported for the same reasons.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer <dave(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cramer Consulting