Re: Visibility regression test

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, John Gray <jgray(at)azuli(dot)co(dot)uk>, Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Visibility regression test
Date: 2002-08-29 17:13:46
Lists: pgsql-patches

> You could actually serialize all of the commands from one backend,
> against multiple backends, using dblink.

That doesn't help, it changes the connection method but the problem is
still there.

Backend A locks row
Backends B and C are waiting on row
Backend A releases row

The problem is we cannot determine the order that B and C will wake up
in, which makes doing a diff against a standard case difficult.

We don't actually want to serialize the commands as that changes the
test.