Re: BUG #6425: Bus error in slot_deform_tuple

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Duncan Rance <postgres(at)dunquino(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bridget Frey <bridget(dot)frey(at)redfin(dot)com>, Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #6425: Bus error in slot_deform_tuple
Date: 2012-02-09 15:02:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Duncan Rance <postgres(at)dunquino(dot)com> writes:
> Our customers are keen to get the official release as soon as possible. They are on 9.0.6, so I guess this'll be 9.0.7? I'm new here so I don't know how long this might take, and I promised I'll find out for them. Any ideas?

There's no firm plan at the moment. The earliest it could happen is
around the end of the month, since various key people have other
commitments in the next couple weeks. I'm not promising it *will*
happen then, but that's the way things look right now.

(Since you're new around here, I'll explain that the way this works
is that the pgsql-core and pgsql-packagers lists agree on a release
date in advance. We've had some preliminary discussions, and people
seem to agree that this is a bad enough bug to force a release, but
no date's been set. Once a schedule decision is made, some core
member --- often me --- will announce it on pgsql-hackers, so you
can keep an eye on that list if you want advance notice.)