Configuring ODBC for access from Unix with unixodbc

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Steve Langasek <vorlon(at)netexpress(dot)net>
Subject: Configuring ODBC for access from Unix with unixodbc
Date: 2002-02-27 17:48:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have developed the following set of instructions for using ODBC with
Unix and unixodbc. I would be grateful for comments. Readers of the
PostgreSQL lists should note that these instructions are written for the
Debian package. The appropriate pathnames should be substituted as
necessary, and PostgreSQL should be built with these configuration

--enable-odbc --with-unixodbc

/etc/odbcinst.ini and /etc/odbc.ini will be provided by unixodbc (in
Debian, by the package odbcinst1).

The instructions and the template files are attached.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to
forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
unrighteousness." I John 1:9

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 1.9 KB
unknown_filename text/plain 175 bytes