Re: Keep ECPG comment for log_min_duration_statement

From: "Okano, Naoki" <okano(dot)naoki(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Keep ECPG comment for log_min_duration_statement
Date: 2017-02-27 09:36:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you for your kind advise!

Michael Meskes wrote:
> The other option I can see, albeit without looking into details, is
> allowing all comments and then testing it for the right syntax after
> parsing. This could potentially also solve the above mentioned option
> problem.
This idea sounds great. But I am not sure that I can understand it correctly.

I understood the concept of this idea as following. Is it right?
1. The parser ignores comments/*...*/ as usual. That is, parser does not
identify comments as a token.
2. After parsing, we parse again only to extract comments.
3. comments are put back or forth in SQL statement.

Regards,
Okano Naoki
Fujitsu