Re: Huge pages support on Windows

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Andrea caldarone' <andrea(dot)caldarone75(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Huge pages support on Windows
Date: 2017-06-16 00:34:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, Andrea

From: pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Andrea caldarone
> Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Thank you for your interest.

1. Download the PostgreSQL 10 source code (which is still in development), which is the file named postgresql-snapshot.tar.gz from here:

https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/snapshot/dev/

2. Get the latest patch for huge page support for Windows in the mail thread you saw. The file name is win_large_pages_v13.patch.

3. Decompress the source code and apply the patch.
$ tar zxf postgresql-snapshot.tar.gz
$ cd postgresql*
$ patch -p1 < win_large_pages_v13.patch

Now you can build and install the program normally.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa