Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date: 2016-03-11 06:50:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

> I don't believe that a list of every single site/application using
> PostgreSQL would be helpful. Nobody would read this. There are thousands
> of programming languages, but most people know around 10. We should focus
> on well known software and their support of PostgreSQL.

Let me correct: not "using PostgreSQL" but "using other commercial databases, particularly Oracle/MySQL".

Anyway, I agree that it will require considerable perseverance to look through the list and select popular software. But I want to extract at least the software categories (ETL, BI, office suite, IDE, etc.) as exhaustively as possible, and pick up a few software in each category to add support for PostgreSQL to.

The page below may be where to start, but I'm afraid I can't select software categories that have something to do with DBMS. Therefore, I thought I need a list of software which can integrate with other DBMSs.

List of software categories
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_software_categories

> And i like the idea of asking people where the want support for PostgreSQL.
> Based on the list we maybe can find volunteers which add support to the
> projects.

Yes, exactly. Once the list is prepared, I'd like to step forward to add support for PostgreSQL to those software. I'll make a questionnaire using Google Forms or something. But I don't yet know where to post it. How can I reach the IT pros who are involved in determining the database to procure? Stack Overflow, DBA Stack Exchange, or elsewhere? Should I post the URL of questionnaire to Twitter or Facebook using some hash tag?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa