Re: multivariate statistics v14

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multivariate statistics v14
Date: 2016-03-25 15:32:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/24/2016 06:45 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tomas Vondra wrote:
>
>>> + values[Anum_pg_mv_statistic_stamcv - 1] = PointerGetDatum(data);
>>>
>>> Why the double space (that's actually in several places in several of
>>> the patches).
>>
>> To align the whole block like this:
>>
>> nulls[Anum_pg_mv_statistic_stadeps -1] = true;
>> nulls[Anum_pg_mv_statistic_stamcv -1] = true;
>> nulls[Anum_pg_mv_statistic_stahist -1] = true;
>> nulls[Anum_pg_mv_statistic_standist -1] = true;
>>
>> But I won't fight for this too hard, if it breaks rules somehow.
>
> Yeah, it will be undone by pgindent. I suggest you pgindent all the
> patches in the series. With some clever patch vs. patch -R application,
> you can do it without having to resolve any conflicts when pgindent
> modifies code that a patch further up in the series modifies again.

I could do that, but isn't that a bit pointless? I thought pgindent is
run regularly on the whole codebase, not for individual patches. Sure,
it'll tweak the formatting on a few places in the patch (including the
code discussed above, as you pointed out), but there are many other such
places coming from other committed patches.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com