Re: Postgres Server crashed

From: Akash Kodibail <akash(dot)kodibail(at)onmobile(dot)com>
To: Akash Kodibail <akash(dot)kodibail(at)onmobile(dot)com>, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Server crashed
Date: 2011-10-11 16:38:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Scott/Kevin,

Everything got recovered with pg_resetxlog with appropriate -m, -x, -O and -l options set appropriately described in "http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/app-pgresetxlog.html". We had lost 4 tables, which were insignificant (compared to losing everything), and did a sanity check on all the rest of the tables, seemed all fine. Please let me know if you see any pitfalls in the way this was recovered.

Now that things are normal, I would definitely look for a good backup, restoration process all set up. Stitch in time saves nine :-)

Thanks a ton for all the support.

Next destination postgres documentation. :-)

Many thanks and Regards,
Akash.