Re: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!

From: "Edgars Diebelis" <edgars(dot)diebelis(at)divi(dot)lv>
To: "A(dot) Mous" <a(dot)mous(at)shaw(dot)ca>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!
Date: 2004-12-29 08:59:01
Lists: pgsql-general

First I had install PostgreSQL 8.0 RC2 on Windows 2003 server. Remote clients connect to databese, so I have to set listen_addresses = '*' in the posrgresql.conf file. After this change I have error message:
"could not receive server response to SSL negotiation packet; connection reset by peer (0x00002746/10054)".

After this I had install PostgreSQL 8.0 RC2 on Windows XP professional - there was no problem (no error message) when I set listen_addresses = '*' in the posrgresql.conf file. Remote clients can connect to database without error messages and any problems. So, I think, that problem is PostgreSQL 8.0 RC2 on Win 2003 server. I must use win 2003 server. What can I (we) do?