Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Ryan Lambert <ryan(at)rustprooflabs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option
Date: 2019-08-19 07:47:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-08-19 01:33, Ryan Lambert wrote:
> The following review has been posted through the commitfest
> application:
> make installcheck-world: tested, passed
> Implements feature: tested, passed
> Spec compliant: not tested
> Documentation: tested, passed
>
> The latest patch [1] and the cleanup patch [2] apply cleanly to the
> latest master (5f110933). I reviewed the conversation and don't see
> any outstanding questions or concerns. Updating status to ready for
> committer.
>
> [1] >
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/103028/percent-incremental-v6.patch
> [2] >
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/103157/percent-incremental-v6-comment-cleanup.patch
>
> Ryan Lambert
>
> The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer

Hi,

(running with those two patches applied)

select * from onek where thousand < 5 order by thousand fetch first -1
percent rows only
is correctly caught (with "ERROR: PERCENT must not be negative") but:

select * from onek where thousand < 5 order by thousand fetch first
101 percent rows only
is not. It doesn't return, and cannot be Ctrl-C'ed out of, which I guess
is another bug?

thanks,

Erik Rijkers