Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [querybuilder patch] Re: I asks for again, And Apology.
Date: 2003-11-27 13:12:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Raphaël.

Thank you very much.!
for the additional info. :-)

From: "Raphaël Enrici" <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>

> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>
> >Question 1)
> >Can you operate QueryBuilder well?
> >
> Here are the quick tests I did :
> I tried to launch the querybuilder from today's snapshots (debian stable
> version) and it simply crashes when I select a table to add...

Hmm..
Not only the machine of Dave and me but also linux was included, and it was the phenomenon of Unix all.

> I then took your patch and applied it.
> Now I can select the table to add but I have some wx asserts:
(snip)

> These asserts are coming up everytime I add a table and in the same order.

It can be understood as a phenomenon which probably happens by patch.
This information was precious.:-)

> >Question 2)
> >Please send screen shots to me.
> >
> Shall I ?

As for screen to add a table?
which is it?
case 1)
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_1.jpg
case 2)
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/FreeBSD_QueryBuilder_2.jpg

> >Question 3)
> >What is Version of gcc and gtk?
> >
> gcc 2.95.4-11woody1
> libgtk2: 2.2.2-1woody2

I guessed.
bug seems to lurk around wxSashLayoutWindow and wxLayoutAlgorithm.
or, whether to be a specification...

> If you want I can try a build on debian unstable ( it should be
> libgtk2=2.2.4-1 and gcc 3.3.2-1)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Raphaël Enrici

Thank you for taking the time to help me in this.

regards,
Hiroshi Saito