Re: pgadmin3 stops working when trying to access/show

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: <christian(dot)bahls(at)stud(dot)uni-rostock(dot)de>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 stops working when trying to access/show
Date: 2003-07-23 14:29:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Yes, I'm seeing this on Snake, which has PostgreSQL 7.3.3, and out
latest wx build.

If I do 'select * from pg_description', the query runs forever. Clicking
the stop button hangs pgAdmin. The edit grid just hangs at 'Refreshing
data, please wait'

Andreas, I'm unlikely to get time to look at this before I go, but I
have had some success running X and displaying the output remotely on my
laptop using Cygwin if you want to give that a go. The postgresql
installation is basically clean - you can open a trusted connection from
snake as user postgres.

BTW, it works fine on XP.

Regards, Dave.