Re: PostgreSQL.hhp

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL.hhp
Date: 2003-07-22 20:06:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I think that the SQL help site should default to empty. When empty, the
HTML Help that we ship will be used. When not, the help will function as
previously, using the non-searchable, possible web based help.

> It's not all. The problem starts at the beginning, having a separate
> help project/help controller for pgsql. When compiling the
> pgadmin help
> project with html workshop, it will include pg as well,

No it doesn't because there are no links from any of the pgAdmin help to
the PostgreSQL help (just tested it).

> so why should
> there be another project? But this means that the entry point
> calls will
> need review.

There is probably no need for a seperate project I agree. We can easily
call the PostgreSQL help directly (or any SQL help for that matter)
using wxHtmlHelpController::Display(wxT("pg/index.html")) or something
similar.

This way we have just one help system for everything, except the
PostgreSQL help *if* an alternate source has been selected.

Comments?

Regards, Dave.