PostgreSQL Database performance

From: "Pradeep" <pgundala(at)avineonindia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Database performance
Date: 2016-09-03 03:38:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Team,

Could you please help me, after changing the below parameters in PostgreSQL
configuration file it was not reflecting in OS level and also Database
performance is degrading.

Example: I am using Windows 2008 R2 server .For PostgreSQL I have allocated
24GB RAM out of 32GB.

However after changing the below parameters, In task bar it is showing 2.7GB
Utilization even though my utilization is more.

So kindly suggest us, whether it will impact or not in Open source
PostgreSQL database

max_connections = 100

shared_buffers = 512MB

effective_cache_size = 24GB