Re: php, postgres, ssl

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: php, postgres, ssl
Date: 2001-03-21 21:33:53
Lists: pgsql-php

Correct, all it does is connect straight to the database. It doesn't have
anything to involve encryption... it doesn't care. So, you'll probably need
to secure the path yourself, ie IPSEC.

Someone else may have a better idea, but this is all I can think of.
Typically though, you shouldn't have PHP connect to a database over a
connection that is insecure/public.

Any reason this is a concern?

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer