Re: php, postgres, ssl

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: php, postgres, ssl
Date: 2001-03-21 21:38:57
Lists: pgsql-php

El Mié 21 Mar 2001 18:33, Adam Lang escribió:
> Correct, all it does is connect straight to the database. It doesn't have
> anything to involve encryption... it doesn't care. So, you'll probably
> need to secure the path yourself, ie IPSEC.
>
> Someone else may have a better idea, but this is all I can think of.
> Typically though, you shouldn't have PHP connect to a database over a
> connection that is insecure/public.
>
> Any reason this is a concern?

Well, I thought about this, because I was trying to build something like it.
A web server, and a database server, seperated! So I thought, if Postgres
accepts hostssl connections (if compiled with ssl support), why doesn't PHP
use this powerfull feature?
Would it be difficult to build a pg_connectssl function in PHP that would do
this?

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told me I had to do it.