Sensitive sort problem?

From: "Andrei Bintintan" <klodoma(at)ar-sd(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sensitive sort problem?
Date: 2003-11-25 15:04:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi to everyone,

I don't know exactly if i'm sending my problem in the right place, hope you can help me.

I use postgresql db. 7.3.2.

Today I noticed that my database does not sort "case sensitive" anymore. If I have a query like:
Select name from names order by name -- the names are not resulted as they should. 'ax' is after 'Aa' and so one.

I don't know since when is this problem I noticed it just now. I use Suse 8.2 and yesterday evening I made a live update. Could this be the problem? I restored the system and ... the problem remains.

I also have another linux system, there the db works fine.

Does anyone has any ideea???? Are there any settings for something like this?

Thnkx.
Andy.