Configuring tsearch2 under windows

From: "Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec(dot)register(at)(dot)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Configuring tsearch2 under windows
Date: 2006-07-28 18:49:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am having trouble finding instructions on how to get tsearch2 to work for
Windows Server.

I am trying to configure tsearch2 to run with our own custom dictionaries
(which will have our own stop words, etc). I have downloaded the ISPell
files, downloaded a stopword list. but still no luck.

The official instructions I see are all Linux-oriented - I can figure out
the Linux stuff easily enough, but then I hit strange things in the
documentation with code like:

INSERT INTO pg_ts_dict
(SELECT 'en_ispell',
dict_init,
'DictFile="/usr/local/lib/english.med",'
'AffFile="/usr/local/lib/english.aff",'
'StopFile="/usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/english.stop"',
dict_lexize
FROM pg_ts_dict
WHERE dict_name = 'ispell_template');

Well, I don't know about you Linux guys, but this looks like a SQL error to
me (and it does indeed return an error) as the quoted strings have no
concatenation operators between their elements.

I put a concat operator in, modified the file locations to use Windows
syntax like so:

INSERT INTO pg_ts_dict (
SELECT 'en_lex',
dict_init,
'DictFile="\\\\devel\\projects\\lex\\english.dict", '
||'AffFile="\\\\devel\\lex\\english.aff", '
||'StopFile="\\\\devel\\projects\\lex\\english.stop"',
dict_lexize
FROM pg_ts_dict
WHERE dict_name = 'ispell_template');

It accepted the string but since then I get undocumented errors when
attempting searches like 'ERROR: no tsearch config' when attempting
searches using this. I am lost - call me a noob!

Of course, any help will be appreciated and earn you cool points.

Carlo