Pool of connections

From: Carlos Felipe Zirbes <carlosz(at)dbserver(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pool of connections
Date: 2001-06-07 17:11:15
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi.

What is the best way to make connections to pgsql from PHP?

Today I use pg_connect but I dislike having username and password written in
plain text in my source. Besides, I would like to be able to limit the
number of simultaneous connections to pgsql.

Any hint will be apreciated.

TIA,

Carlos Felipe Zirbes
DBServer Assessoria em Sistemas de Informação
E-mail: carlosz(at)dbserver(dot)com(dot)br
Fone: (51) 342-8055
Fax: (51) 342-4838