Re: PostgreSQL perl / libpq.so.2 problem - again :(

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: wsheldah(at)lexmark(dot)com, Alexander Turchin <aturchin(at)chip(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL perl / libpq.so.2 problem - again :(
Date: 2001-07-09 16:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Saturday 07 July 2001 11:39, Justin Clift wrote:
> Are you familiar with Symantec Ghost?

Yes. Is there now a version that doesn't require Windows installed? :-) I
own the Windows version. I've used it numerous times for that.

However, I prefer to simply unlock a drive slide and slide a new one in :-).

> Works well for me. What do you guys think, good approach?

It or the VMware approach are both good approaches -- but my development
servers do other things that are mission critical overnight -- and playing on
my backup/restore setup is against my policy. So I pull the slide out, and
pop the dev slide in when I need to do 'playing' (like RPM building....).
This way I can also use more modern versions of certain packages on my
backup/restore and utility systems (for hot failover and the like) and keep
pristine OS installs laying around for RPM building. 3.2GB harddrives are
pretty cheap these days -- I just don't have enough of them on hand, and have
a budget to follow.....

However, I can't really afford the VMware approach at the moment for the use
I would put VMware to.... :-) I sure would like to have their Enterprise
version -- just being able to have fine-grained resource management like that
is so nice -- makes one wish for an S/390.....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio