Re: Driver uses always UTF-8?

From: "Robert Max Kramer" <RobertMax(dot)Kramer(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Driver uses always UTF-8?
Date: 2005-04-24 16:01:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

ich have fixed this issue now.

I've downloaded the source code of the psqlodbc-Driver and took-a-look to
the file win_unicode.c
Then I modified the second conversion method in this file: ucs2_to_utf8(..)
In the main if-statement it now doesn't ask wether the char is a
"iswasscii()" or not, it now interpretes the given char as encoded in just
ONE byte (Code for one-byte chars let in original). Believe my, now
everything works. Umlaute from an to the DB, it all runs. Encoding is
client-side and database-side in LATIN1.

Regards,
R M Kramer