Re: Comparing databases

From: "Ned Lilly" <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>
To: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)myrealbox(dot)com>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comparing databases
Date: 2003-11-12 12:01:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> > I thought about both of these points, but didn't really come up with better
> > wording... i think the proper sound bite is that "support companies have come
> > and gone but postgresql continues on"
>
> How about, 'There have been instances in past where companies with postgresql as
> sole core business strategy have failed. but postgresql project continued
> (relatively) unaffected'
>
> Give and take tense and plural/singulars. Talk about weasel wording..:-)

All I'm saying is that from the outside, IMHO, it just creates more problems than it solves. To use a favorite metaphor from this list, PHB's will read that and smell instability. I repeat, why volunteer it? Just say there are many firms providing support today, and it's used at X, Y, and Z companies.