Postmaster failed to start and/or accept connexion

From: "Laurent Ballester" <postgresql(dot)ballester(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postmaster failed to start and/or accept connexion
Date: 2004-02-24 15:01:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hello,

I downloaded the nightly snapshot of 2004-23-02, and compiled well with
MinGW/MSYS current release version. I have just to flex 'manually'
psqlscan.l file to be allow to finish compilation and link.

Then, through windows console, I launch initdb which run without any errors.
PGDATA is set up correctly. Unfortunately, postmaster launch with -I option
didn't start correctly. The error was "select() failed in statistics
collector ", and seems to not accept any connexion.
For example createdb mydb command failed with error "could not connect to
database template1".

Did you modify or have a specific win32 postgresql.conf file to succeed to
run postgresql on Windows or maybe I forgot something to do.

I made the test on Windows XP prof with SP1

Regards

Laurent Ballester