retrieving information about password from MS Access front-end

From: Zlatko Matić <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: retrieving information about password from MS Access front-end
Date: 2005-06-12 21:12:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

How could I retrieve information about actual user password, if md5 method is set in pg_hba.conf ?
I want to create VBA procedure that compares value in text box with actual password to determine if it is the same. As the password is encrypted (md5) I can't read it from pg_shaddow system table. How to retrieve decrypted value from pg_shaddow? Or at least, how to transfer value from text-box (MS Access) to Postgres so that Postgres can determine whether those two values are the same ?

Thanks in advance,

Zlatko