Re: What's the best front end/client under MS Windows?

From: "Gregory Wood" <gregw(at)com-stock(dot)com>
To: "Walter Chong" <mail2walter(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What's the best front end/client under MS Windows?
Date: 2001-05-14 14:25:08
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm partial to the ZEOS Database Explorer myself. I don't have experience
with a multitude of tools, so the best I can offer is that I have no
problems with the latest version :) Actually, I can tell you that it has the
advantage of a native interface (rather than relying on ODBC). And it's
free, that's always an advantage.

Oh, and it does have the disadvantage of not showing NOTICEs, which is a
pain in the ass when doing benchmarking via EXPLAIN, for which I'm forced to
use psql. There were some problems in older versions (specifically it was
having trouble stripping out spaces on newlines and with quoting on
triggers), but those problems seem to be resolved with the latest version.
It's not the most stable program, but most people don't use Windows for
stability...

Address is http://www.zeoslib.org/ but it appears to be down at the moment.

Greg