extending functionality strategy

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: extending functionality strategy
Date: 2008-10-15 22:45:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I would like to have some guidelines regarding extending functionality
within pgadmin.

The following are two modules which I am thinking about adding to pgadmin as
a built-in or if possible plug-in.

1) A custom type creator. For creating function return types. We heavily
make use of functions that are stored procedure ported from MSSQL. Perhaps
this would be useful to others too.

2) A sequence synchronizer. Up on importing from other DBs, It would be
useful to have a mechanism where one can synchronize sequences by max(table
id)+1.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Gevik