postgresql.conf

From: "Jim Kunkel" <jkunkel(at)laurcat(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql.conf
Date: 2001-10-16 17:17:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

The docs suggest the file "postgresql.conf" is a method of configuring the db engine. I want to turn on logging. The line "DEBUG_PRETTY_PRINT=1" should turn on tracing. I just can't figure out where the file goes. The filename (postgresql.conf) doesn't seem to be in the sources I hunted through and if I search for it on the web site, I get an internal error. Can someone point me to the right directory? Better yet, can you point me to the spot in the documentation that tells me that?