Compilation problems

From: "Diego" <diegoman(at)usuarios(dot)retecal(dot)es>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Compilation problems
Date: 2004-03-21 22:38:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi everyone! I've had problems compiling pgadmin3 following the instructions
on the web page. I sent a message to the pgadmin-support list and finally I
could compile it using a patch created by Raphaël Enrici (available here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2004-02/msg00087.php). He
asked me to send my config log to this list because there seems to be some
problems with the configure script.

The main problem: with Postgresql 7.4 and wxWindows 2.5 (plus stc and xrc)
correctly compiled and installed (the version available on the pgadmin
mirrors, compiled following the web instructions), when I try to build
pgadmin the configure script apparently runs fine but later on the build the
wxWindows libraries aren't invoked, so the link fails, sending hundreds of
"undefined reference" errors.

Another problem: after using Raphaël's patch, I got an "undefined reference"
to PQgetssl. I solved it recompiling Postgresql with SSL support, but
according to Raphaël the configure script should have checked the presence
of SSL inside libpq and should have not included SSL support in pgadmin.

And there is one more issue: if you use --enable-static option, the
resulting binary is still linked dynamically to libssl, libcrypt and
libcrypto libraries. Maybe this is a bit confusing, because I expected a
purely static binary.

For more information, I tried to compile pgadmin on Debian Woody and
Mandrake 9.1 and the first problem happened on both distributions. Finally I
built it on Mandrake, so I don't know if the other problems are still
present on Debian, but I suppose they are.

That's all!

Regards,
Diego

Attachment Content-Type Size