Re: [mail] Re: Native Win32 sources

From: "Al Sutton" <al(at)alsutton(dot)com>
To: <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Native Win32 sources
Date: 2002-11-27 21:54:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've posted an Email to the list as to why I'm avoiding a move to linux
(cost of training -v- cost of database (free) + money saved from recycling
current DB machines).

My experience with PostgreSQL has always been good, and I beleive that we
can test any potential bugs that we may beleive are in the database by
running our app in our the QA environment against the Linux version of the
database (to test platform specifics), and then the database version in
production (to test version specifics).

I'm quite happy to spend the time doing this to gain the cost benefit of
freeing up the extra machines my developers currently have.

Al.