Re: Restoring a db dump with tsearch fields fails

From: "Robert John Shepherd" <robert(at)reviewer(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Thomas T(dot) Thai'" <tom(at)minnesota(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restoring a db dump with tsearch fields fails
Date: 2002-11-08 12:41:59
Lists: pgsql-general

> Which version of pgsql? which version of tsearch?

7.2.3, and whatever ver of tsearch is included in the contrib dir for
that.

> I had similar problems and emailed the creators of tsearch and they
> provided the fix. I believe it was later integrated back into
> the distro.

Don't suppose you still have that lying around? :)

> If you check the lines where those errors occur, I bet it is missing a
> single or double quote around those word.

Not sure it is that, but it could be I guess. From looking at the source
there are single quotes around all the tsearch words.

I've also tried dumping the database with:

pg_dump -Fc -b -c reviewer > reviewer.tar

But when I restore using:

pg_restore -Fc -C -d template1 reviewer.tar

I get the following error:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: Unable
to locate type name 'txtidx' in catalog

I've tried with and without including all the tsearch objects in
template1, when I have included them I just get a load of other errors
because the objects already exist.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor
DVD REVIEWER
The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp(at)robertsworld(dot)org(dot)uk