Re: postgresql under Windows is slow

From: "Eduardo Caillava" <ecaillava(at)interlap(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql under Windows is slow
Date: 2002-01-31 22:12:57
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

hug... wakala...

I have PostgreSQL running in several boxes, since a clonic PIII400 , two
NetVista PIII800 and two NetFinity PIII 550.

All of them are Linux boxes, and obviously there are some performance
diferences related to the hardware, so I try hack hard to get best
performance posible in each case, but I never ever think to use a guindous
box to do serious work, especially if it is a guin98.

I hope you know that Linux 'n, FreeBSD are free and without costs, so why
pay for a cuasi-OS that is going to break your brain and make you live the
IT practice ? ? ?

Try it on Linux on the half hardware 'n tell us later.

Best for you and Greetings