Re: Patch for removng unused targets

From: "Etsuro Fujita" <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "'Alvaro Herrera'" <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "'Hitoshi Harada'" <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>, "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Alexander Korotkov'" <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, "'pgsql-hackers'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for removng unused targets
Date: 2013-07-03 03:34:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> From: Alvaro Herrera [mailto:alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com]

> Etsuro Fujita escribió:
> > > From: Hitoshi Harada [mailto:umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com]
> >
> > > I tried several ways but I couldn't find big problems. Small typo:
> > > s/rejunk/resjunk/
> >
> > Thank you for the review. Attached is an updated version of the patch.
>
> Thanks. I gave this a look, and made it some trivial adjustments.
> Attached is the edited version. I think this needs some more (succint) code
> comments:
>
> . why do we want to remove these entries . why can't we do it in the DISTINCT
> case . why don't we remove the cases we don't remove, within
adjust_targetlist().

Thank you for the adjustments and comments! In addition to adding comments to
the function, I've improved the code in the function a little bit. Please find
attached an updated version of the patch.

Sorry for the late response. (I was busy with another job lately...)

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
unused-targets-20130703.patch application/octet-stream 5.2 KB